Thursday, February 16, 2012

Too Much Time & Not Enough Time

So anyone that follows my blog knows that I hardly EVER write. I write maybe once a year. I'm just not good at remembering to write-- it's not at the top of my priority list. I like reading others blogs, but I usually only check their blogs if they post on their facebook "Another post on my blog!" and follow it with a link to their blog. So to anyone deeply offended that I do not write often, I am sorry. I just don't think there's really anyone who would feel that way though, so that's why I don't feel any pressure to write.
Currently I am working for Ajilon (a temp agency in Bellevue) and they have put me on an assignment at Eagle Home Mortgage in Seattle. Eagle Home Mortgage in right on Lake Union. They have a gorgeous view from their 7th story windows. They brought me here because their receptionist is on a 3 month maternity leave. There's about 5 people in the office (including the receptionist), so it's a very small office. The first day I got here, Diane (the first person I met) said to me, "okay, let's get you on a computer so you can at least be on facebook all day so you don't get bored!" Wait... what?? I thought I was here to work? Okay.
I get about maybe 10 calls per day that I have to transfer to the people in the office, and that's about the extent of my work thus far. So, I have all this time on my hands at work.
Meanwhile, Nelson and I are frantically looking for an apartment in Rexburg that will be available in the Spring (we have put our names on several waiting lists), and I'm still trying to get everything else in order for the wedding. I'm not overwhelmed right now though. (We'll see if that changes.) There's only so much I can do at work for the wedding and apartment hunting without seeming like I'm here to do nothing... you know? I wouldn't be comfortable being on my cell phone making calls to apartments while I'm sitting at the front desk.
Hmm. Well, on the upside, maybe you'll see more posts from me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment